Members are responsible for their own attire, as well as that of their children and guests.
It is important that you remind your guests of the Dress Code prior to their arrival at the Club in order to avoid embarrassment to you and your guests. The general manager, golf professionals, dining room manager and other employees designated by them have the authority and the duty to enforce the El Niguel Country Club Dress Code.
Golf Course and Practice Area Attire:
Members and guests are expected to wear appropriate golf attire, tailored with a neat appearance. Specifically:
- Golf shirts with collars and sleeves are required.
- Exception: Men may wear turtleneck collar styles.
Exception: Women may wear sleeveless shirts with collar or turtleneck collar.
- All golf polo shirts must be tucked in at all times. Only “aloha” style shirts may be worn un-tucked.
- No shorts or skirts may be worn which end higher than four inches above the bend in the back of the knee, with the exception that women may wear shorts that have an outer-seam of at least 15 inches.
- Denim pants, shirts, shorts, skirts and jackets are not permitted with the exception of specifically designated events such as a “Western Theme” twilight tournament.
- Pants and shorts with exterior expandable pockets, aka “cargo” pants or shorts are not permitted.
- Tennis, swimming or bicycling attire, sweat pants, jump suits, jogging suits, jersey knit leggings or tube, halter or tank tops are not permitted.
- Caps with bills are to be worn with the bill forward.
- Shoes with proper traction must be worn. Shoes must be changed in the locker room.
- Barefoot play or practice is prohibited and metal spikes are not permitted.
- Fitness attire is not appropriate for the golf course or its practice facilities and putting greens.
Dressy casual attire is appropriate in all parts of the clubhouse both during the day and the evening.
- T-shirts are not permitted.
- Denim that is frayed, has holes or is “bleach stained” is inappropriate and prohibited in all areas of the clubhouse.
- Yoga pants and other fitness attire including tennis, swimming or bicycling attire, sweat pants, jump suits, and jogging suits are prohibited in all dining areas including the dining room, lounge and terrace.
- Skirts or shorts higher than four inches above the bend in the back of the knee unless their outer-seam measures 15” or more are prohibited.
- Gentlemen are asked to remove their caps and hats when in the dining areas of the clubhouse including the Lounge and Mixed Grille. Hats or visors may be worn in the Men's Grill and on the Terrace.
Persons passing through the clubhouse on the way to and from the Tee House Fitness Center may do so wearing fitness attire. Such attire is not appropriate for dining or lounging either indoors or out at the clubhouse, nor is it appropriate for the golf course, practice facilities, or practice putting greens. Tennis attire many be worn at the Tee House.
El Niguel recognizes that children’s clothing trends may vary from that of adults. Thus, tolerance will be given for children under 10 years of age, provided their dress is neat and in good taste. However, no denim or jeans will be permitted for adults or children on the golf course, unless a designated themed event is scheduled.